The question is SMO or SEO better is like asking are apples tastier than oranges. Both are essential techniques of online marketing that can boost the business prospects of small as well as large enterprises. They complement each other from the two main pillars of digital marketing. As a user, you can test SEO and SEM to know how they are able to increase the rankings of the website. To further analyze the two strategies, let’s find out how each one benefits the digital marketing space.
SEO or SMO Which You Should Prefer For Digital Marketing?
SEO is termed as search engine optimization strategy that works by improving the search engine rankings of the website. The trick is to design the pages and content in such a manner that the visitors find your site on the Google search engine listings. Information provided on the website should be relevant to the niche being promoted in the online space.
As far as SMO is concerned, it involves the setting up and the optimization of the social profiles. If properly created, they are bound to grab as many eyeballs as possible. All contents that are posted on the social media websites can be shared in an instant. Therefore, any idea of relevance can instantly go viral with the Facebook and Twitter account.
It is at the social media profile that the customers can engage with the companies. They can complain or praise the quality of the products and services. A Higher degree of customer engagement can be quite rewarding for the businesses as they can increase the clients base without any hassles. SMO the marketing strategy of the social media can make you an overnight sensation and also improve the search engine rankings by many notches.
How SEO and SMO complement each other?
• Google Panda has undergone a strict update in recent times; hence quality is in and unethical SEO practices would result in an immediate ban from the search engine listing. Companies that are engaging with the users and uploading only relevant information on the social media can improve their Google rankings very quickly.
• Social media plays a vital role in improving the visibility of the businesses. Google is the owner of different channels such as Youtube and Google +. If the content is figuring prominently on those sites, it will naturally get higher ratings by the Search engine. Microsoft, Yahoo, and Twitter are also collaborating with each other to enhance the rankings of the content on Bing search engine listings.
• Twitter links are grabbed by the Search engine partners to display content high on the listings. Therefore, links can be posted on the Twitter to increase the web traffic. You can run Google analytic on the website and find that majority of hits are from the visitors of the Twitter.
• Businesses can create a profile on the Facebook and make it popular among the users. You may end up with a large number of followers and plenty of activities such as engaging posts, liking and commenting. If played rules, the website can easily climb to the top of the search engine listings.
• Search Plus option of Google goes a long way in ranking the content of the web page. It depends on the quality of the information and also the degree of the visibility. An advertiser should make sure to upload the content on prominent social media websites.
• One of the best ways to catch the attention of the users is to launch YouTube videos pertaining to the products and services that are to be promoted. 9 out of 10 times it will be noticed by the Google search engine crawler.
• Gone are the days when only SEO was essential to optimize the website. In the fast changing world of business, the Google search engine immediately recognizes the social signals. For instance, if a post has a maximum number of shares, tweets, likes, and comments, the chances of it getting into the top of Google are fairly high.
How to use Social media to improve SEO strategy:
• Google Panda has stipulated that only high-quality content would be indexed, so make sure to share only the high-quality posts on Facebook and other social media platforms.
• You should identify the groups on social platforms that might be interested in ideas, products, and services. Targeted marketing strategy will do a whirl of Good to the business prospects. By engaging in meaningful discussions, one can inculcate a general level of interest.
• Companies relaying on business to business deals may find not find Facebook to their advantage. In fact, Twitter would be far effective in such situations. For a business to customer’s relationship, Facebook and Instagram are the ways to move forward. By launching a live profile, you can create a huge fan base that could be later transformed into genuine customers. They would increase the search engine rankings of the website in a quick and effective manner.
• The majority of social media sites have imposed technical constrains on the type of information that can be presented on the search engine listings. If you are not an SMO expert, contact the one and learn how to circumvent the restriction to figure in the top of the listings.
• It is not longer feasible to use the keyword only on the web page and wait for results. On the contrary, the same sets of keywords are required to be used on social media channels to increase engagement with the prospective customers.
• Another factor of Social media that has caught the interest of the crawlers is the geo-tagging of the content. Businesses are now able to target the customers based on the location; therefore small companies servicing a local area can improve their own chances of visibility in the real world.
• Last but not the least SMO plays an important role in generating quality backlinks to the website. It is a far better way than posting the websites on directories of dubious nature around the internet.
By reading the points as mentioned earlier, one can conclude that both SEO and SMO cannot work in isolation. They are both essential to launch effective online campaigns to boost the business sales within the shortest possible time frame.
Author Bio: Lauren McLaren was born and raised in Australia. She is working for Digital Muscle, Seo Company Australia. She’s hardworking, competent and trustworthy. Her role within the company is to manage a team of SEO Specialists. In her spare time, she loves to read, cook and watch movies.