The MoveMatch app for Android users is ideal for those of you who are moving home. In essence, the app will help you to calculate the total volume of all your possessions. Most moving companies will typically charge by the volume of belongings that you need to move from one location to another, and this app will calculate this for you. This will allow you to budget and estimate the total cost of your move.
MoveMatch Main Features
- Simply walk through your home itemizing your belongings to receive an instant estimation of the volume.
- You have the ability to switch volume measurements between cubic metres and cubic feet, depending onwhere in the world you are. The European market will typically make calculations in cubic metres, whereas North America and Canada prefer cubic feet. You can also switch weight measurements between pounds and kilograms, thus ensuring you don’t make any errors in your calculations.
- You can change the density ratio that your moving company may be working with at any given moment.
- You can complete a survey sheet of your belongings and then forward this directly to those who matter, e.g. moving company, insurers, or a customer if you’re a company using this app.
- You have the facility to add products that cannot be found on the lists.
- You can use Google Maps to find a moving company in your local vicinity.
- You have the ability to view the figures you have input at any time, as well as being able to edit them.
- You can take photographs, which can be extremely helpful for a variety of reasons, e.g. for insurance purposes, for the purposes of unpacking and ensuring everything ends up in its rightful place, etc.
You can adjust the density readings whenever you wish and can add items which are not listed in dimension or weight. You can split the volume and weight of each room, rather than having an overall figure. This feature allows your moving company to ensure that they have the correct items for each room. In fact, they can initially check photos to see if everything is where it should be and then double check the total weight to ensure they have placed items in the correct rooms.
The app includes a checklist that counts you down from 8 weeks before moving day. You will receive a number of handy tips telling you what you should be doing at each stage pre-move, during the moving process and once you have arrived at your new location. Think of it as an essential checklist that will make your life a lot easier.
The app is completely free, but currently only available in the Android marketplace. There will be a wealth of new and useful features added in the near future, and the app is expected to be released to other platforms very soon. The app has received some great reviews from users and for the amount of information that it provides you it’s hard to believe that the app is still free.
Author Bio: This guest post written by Shaun Hill, he works as a logistic consultant for one of the leading long distance moving companies in Texas. He is an ardent blogger who likes to keep updated with the latest that technology has to offer.